Get Your Fitness on in 2020
Essential oils to boost your workout
HIIT the pause on stress? Run to a healthier life? Zumba to a happier you? Yes to all of the above! It’s no secret that physical exercise can bring lifelong benefits, but according to the NHS, nearly 50 percent of adults aren’t getting enough aerobic exercise – they recommend 2.5-5 hours of moderate activity per week. Set your sights on personal records in the gym instead of swiping through social media posts. Whether fitness if your friend or foe, we’ve got mighty motivators that’ll make you want to move: essential oils!
Hit the at-home workout
Whether you’re walking/jogging or slogging around the neighbourhood or turning up the volume on your home workout video, exercising at home is easy and effective.
1. Diffuse for the right atmosphere. High-intensity cardio calls for energizing oils like Peppermint and Lemon. Seeking more zen? Set the mood for yoga or Pilates with grounding Palo Santo.
2. Warm up your outdoor workout! When the weather is cold, preparation is key. Stay warm with your favourite clothes like a snuggly beanie and full-length leggings. Here are more tips for winter workouts.
3. Recover and repair! Kick tired muscles to the curb with AminoWise™, formulated to help repair muscles and reduce fatigue.
4. Keep it cool after your sweat sesh! Before you start your workout, put a drop or two of Eucalyptus Globulus on a damp hand towel, wring it out, and store in the freezer. After your workout, rub the towel over your neck, arms and chest for a cooling reward.
Get after it at the gym
Getting to that 6 a.m. spin class is already a huge win! Master the early morning wake-up calls with these essential oil hacks.
5. Refresh your gym bag. Spritz this DIY stinky shoe spray in gym shoes or spray your whole gym bag.
6. Hydrate for a happy body. Add a drop of Grapefruit Vitality™ to your water for tasty hydration as you fast-track those weight-management goals. Sip from your reusable water bottle and ditch the disposable kind.
7. Get those gains! Maximize your workout with nutrition. Add Pure Protein Complete™- your choice between delicious Chocolate Deluxe or Vanilla Spice– to your diet for the extra protein your body needs to build and maintain muscle. Drink within 30 minutes of your workout for optimal use.
8. Stretch out the soreness. Keep a bottle of Cool Azul™ Sports Gel or Ortho Sport® Massage Oil in your gym bag to rub into tired muscles while you stretch.
Find your flow in the yoga studio
Yoga is great for your mind, body, and spirit. Take this low-impact practice to the next level as you glide through your vinyasas and master pranayama.
9. Be balanced. Put a drop of Frankincense directly on the crown of your head or on each wrist. As you practice, you’ll catch occasional scents of the inspiring, grounding fragrance.
10. Soak in relaxation. Draw a warm bath with 2 drops each of Frankincense and Lavender to 1/4 cup Epsom salt for a rewarding recovery.
11. Nama-spray. Keep your yoga mat clean with this easy DIY recipe. Mix the following in a glass spray bottle and spritz your mat after every practice.
• 250 ml distilled water
• 60 ml witch hazel
• 10 drops Tea Tree
• 10 drops Thieves
Now that you’ve found the next-level fitness, find more helpful tips to help you crush other health goals! Get tips for tackling weight management and learn how to boost your nutrition with essential oils and supplements. Send me an email to email@example.com and we can find ways to your Wellbeing and to be able to stick to them!